1. Slide flannel filter onto the metal hoop. Be sure that the seam of the filter is facing outward.
2. Rinse flannel filter with hot water to preheat the filter and the pot. Discard water after rinse.
3. Add grounds to the brewer, making sure they are evenly distributed in the filter.
4. For the 1st pour, add just enough water to saturate the bed of coffee evenly (about 50g). Allow the coffee to bloom undisturbed for about 30 seconds.
5. Begin the 2nd pour with steady, concentric circles. Start from the center and spiral out to the edge and then back to the center. Avoid rinsing coffee down the sides of the filter while brewing.
6. Repeat this process until you have 340g of brewed coffee.
Thoroughly rinse sock and store in refrigerator.