1. The Chemex filter comes in either a folded square, or a folded triangle, both of which have 4 folds. You will want to separate the fold to form a cone, placing 3 folds towards the spout of the brewer, and 1 fold towards the back.
2. Add your ground coffee into the brewer, place the brewer on your scale, and tare your scale.
3. Begin timer. Bloom with 80g of water for 45 seconds.
4. Begin the fill pour with steady, concentric circles. Start from the center and spiral out to the edge and then back to the center until the water is about an inch below the rim of the filter.
5. Repeat this process until you have added all 550g of water to your brew.