1. Place #2 Melitta filter into brewer and rinse filter with hot water, discarding water after rinse.
2. Add ground coffee to the brewer.
3. For the 1st pour, add just enough water to evenly saturate the bed of coffee (about 50g).
4. Allow the coffee to bloom undisturbed for about 30 seconds.
5. Begin the 2nd pour with steady, concentric circles. Start from the center and spiral out to the edge and then back to the center. Keep the level of water in the top cone of the brewer about an inch below the top of the filter.
6. Periodically repeat this process until you have 300g of brewed coffee.